Whenever we're invited to potlucks, I'm always asked to bring a salad because people know it's one of my specialties. This dish is especially good on summer days when it's too hot to cook on the stove. -Deb Weisberger Mullett Lake, Michigan
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn (12 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the romaine, croutons and tomatoes; add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on salads. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p39
Reviews forGrilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"This is a great marinade. The ingredients are easy to remember and can easily be doubled or halved. It is definitely a keeper."