Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad
This is one of my go-to summer salads. It's great with almost any grilled meat and fruit you have on hand. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cool.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. In a 4-qt. glass salad bowl, layer the cabbage, red pepper, celery, chicken and nectarines.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, orange zest, garlic and salt. Spoon over salad. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Layered Chicken Salad in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.