Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad
This is one of my go-to summer salads. It's great with almost any grilled meat and fruit you have on hand. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cool.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. In a 4-qt. glass salad bowl, layer the cabbage, red pepper, celery, chicken and nectarines.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, orange zest, garlic and salt. Spoon over salad. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.