Grilled Chicken Breasts with Stuffing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon zest. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with lemon butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 275 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Herb-Stuffed Grilled Chicken in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition--Bonus 30-Minute Light
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.