Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
I frequently prepare this fabulous, filling salad for supper.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, combine the juice; oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Slice into strips.
- Grill or broil pineapple, turning to brown both sides, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. In a large bowl, toss the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion. Top with chicken and pineapple; or arrange on four plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 331 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2-1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.