Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad
I served this fabulous salad at a shower, and received many compliments. The vinaigrette pairs wonderfully with the grilled chicken and Brie, and the nuts offer a fun crunch. —Janet Duran of Des Moines, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
- 7 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Arrange the salad greens, cheese, pears and pecans on individual plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Whisk the apple juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken with Mixed Greens & Pear Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.