This recipe was inspired by eating charbroiled chicken skewers while strolling along Calle Ocho in Miami on Sunday afternoons. I like to garnish mine with sesame seeds. —Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, Florida
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, optional
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute cut corn until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup green onions. Keep warm.
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Alternately thread chicken and mango onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until chicken is no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with corn mixture; sprinkle with remaining green onions. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken and Mango Skewers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017