- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 prebaked Italian bread shell crust (14 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shape beef into three 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, combine ketchup and mustard; spread over the crust to within 1 in. of edge. Sprinkle with lettuce; top with tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. When beef patties are cooked, cut into 1/2-in. pieces; arrange over tomato slices. Top with onion, pickles and cheeses.
- Place pizza on a 16-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil; transfer to grill. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from the grill. let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Cheeseburger Pizza
"I used a 14 oz. Boboli crust. It was definitely not large enough. I will definitely get a larger crust next time."
"I have grilled all kinds of pizza with a great deal of success. I use charcoal (Weber) and direct heat...you just have to watch it. I cook one side, flip it and put the toppings on the side that is alrady grilled. Wonderful for camping or Friday nights on the deck around the pool."
"I have made this pizza several times and it is always a hit. Although some think it is an odd combination for a pizza they quickly become fans and aks for it again! BeckyG"
"My husband and I tried out this recipe this weekend. We weren't sure if we would like grilled pizza; it sounded kind of weird. But we decided to try it anyways. It was awesome. The flavors really come through, and tastes just like a cheeseburger. We will be making this again for sure!"