- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Unwrap foil; grill 5 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Cheese Loaf
"I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!"
"Made this several times and always a major hit!"
"This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are."