Grilled Cheese in a Pan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 cups (1 cup each) shredded Muenster, Monterey Jack, Swiss and cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Unroll crescent roll dough; divide in half. Seal perforations. Line an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan with half of the dough. Layer with the Muenster, Monterey Jack, Swiss, cheddar and cream cheese. Pour egg over all.
- Top with remaining dough. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Oct 18, 2011
I loved this recipe. I used shredded pepperjack, mozzarella, cheddar, and muenster cheese, along with just a little bit of cream cheese, and it turned out great! I also used two eggs instead of just one, and reduced fat crescent rolls. I highly recommend this recipe. It's pretty easy to assemble, too.
Apr 23, 2011
This was quite expensive for being just OK. If I make it again, which I probably won't, I will just put a thin layer of cream cheese on the bottom layer of rolls. All we could taste was the cream cheese, which was a shame considering all the other cheeses it had in it.
Feb 1, 2011
I am in LOVE with this recipe! It tasted better than any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever eaten. I was looking to use up some leftover cheese in my fridge, so I didn't exactly follow the recipe (I used some swiss, cheddar, and half a block of cream cheese) but is still turned out delicious!! Since I liked it so well this way, I will probably not use the full amount of cheese the next time I make it. I will also have to put off making this when I am alone, because I would probably eat the whole thing by myself... :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.