Grilled Cheese, Apricot and Jalapeno Sandwich
This grown-up grilled cheese recipe hits the spot with sweet and spicy add-ins like apricot jelly and jalapeno peppers. —Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. In another bowl, mix together remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mayonnaise, Manchego cheese and onion powder.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread apricot preserve on toasted side of 4 bread slices; add sliced jalapenos. Layer sliced brie over jalapenos; sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Spread the butter-mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 709 calories, 49g fat (27g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as The Best Ever Grilled Cheese Sandwich in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.