Grilled Cauliflower Wedges
This meal is incredibly easy, yet is packed with flavor and looks like a dish from a five-star restaurant. The grill leaves the cauliflower cooked but crisp, and the red pepper flakes add bite. —Carmel Hall, San Francisco, California
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon juice, additional olive oil and pomegranate seeds, optional
- 1. Remove leaves and trim stem from cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into eight wedges. Mix turmeric and pepper flakes. Brush wedges with oil; sprinkle with turmeric mixture.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until cauliflower is tender, 8-10 minutes on each side. If desired, drizzle with lemon juice and additional oil and serve with pomegranate seeds.
1 wedge: 57 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC