This is a quick and healthy summer recipe with ingredients right from the backyard garden. Feta or mozzarella cheese can be substituted for the goat cheese, or try it with grilled chicken. —Amy Mongiovi, Lititz, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and patted dry
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Layer one half of each tortilla with cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with basil, olives and pepper to taste. Fold tortillas to close.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Caprese Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017