Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 89 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2014
Good flavor but marinade was a bit dry. I think it needed something else to keep it moist. Next time, at a minimum, I'll put at least 2 lemon wedges per skewer to make sure there is plenty of lemon to add afterwards.
Jul 4, 2013
My husband and I LOVE this recipe! We do a mixture of shrimp, chicken, smoked sausage, peppers, onions, and zucchini in the marinade. It's amazing!
Dec 18, 2011
Very simple, but delicious - a bit spicy (cajun!). We have shrimp palooza night at our house & this one is going on the list.
Jun 13, 2011