Grilled Caesar Salad
“This recipe is from my aunt. It’s great when it’s too hot to cook inside and you want something more than a typical salad. Plus, it whips up in minutes," says Debbie Clark of Northglenn, Colorado.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; let stand for 5 minutes. Brush over the cut side of each romaine half; lightly brush with 2-3 tablespoons salad dressing.
- Grill, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until outer leaves begin to wilt and romaine is heated through, turning once. Coarsely chop romaine, discarding cores.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Serve with remaining salad dressing.