Grilled Burgers with Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, onion, pickle relish and horseradish; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the first eight burger ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and horseradish sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 418 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Burgers with Horseradish Sauce
"I made these for dinner tonight for the hubby and I and they were very good! I did change a few things- in the sauce, I just used dill relish and omitted the dill weed called for because we are dill pickle people and that is what I had on hand; I replaced the carrot with finely chopped sweet red pepper; I added 2 tablespoons of seasoned bread crumbs since I didn't have any fresh parsley and I wanted to give it some more flavor; I added sliced cheese the last minute of cooking; I used ground turkey instead of beef. Lots of changes, but it still made a tasty, quick meal."