- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place Parmesan cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- Grill broccoli, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Broccoli
"Good broccoli recipe. Original recipe called for garnish of shaved Parmesan and purple basil."
"very tasty, used grill pan for it also. will make again!"
"Very nice flavor. I steamed my broccoli instead of grilling it and then added the lemon juice and oil to it. Turned out very tasty."
"Pretty tasty! Would probably grill a little longer next time."
"Definitely a different take on broccoli. No marinade left over for me either. This was a nice change for a side dish."
"I agree with DebbiR, I didn't have any marinade to empty. It did come out OK, though it was sticking on my grilling pan (I used an old baking tray). I would make it again, but I would use more oil and a little more lemon juice."
"I followed the recipe, but I added about a 1/4 to a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic power"
"i am just making this but don't understand how i could have enough marinade even to "drain". i had to double it just to coat the 2 cups of broccoli!"
"I bought a teflon pan with small holes in it for my grill, this works well with this broccoli dish/great for fish/shrimp/stir fry on the grill."