Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 slices white or wheat bread
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute mushrooms and onion in 3 tablespoons mayonnaise for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; cool. In a bowl, combine cheeses, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne, mushroom mixture and remaining mayonnaise; mix well. Spread 1/3 cup on six slices of bread; top with remaining bread. melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add sandwiches and cook until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted, adding additional butter if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwiches
"Fantastic grilled cheese sandwich! Only thing we left out were the mushrooms. Creamy and full of flavor, what a great deviation from the traditional grilled cheese."