- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in chilies, salsa and cumin.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place chimichangas on grill rack, seam side down. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning once. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Beef Chimichangas
"We had these last night, and they were DELICIOUS! And easy to make!! My husband and I both loved them. I used white tortillas since I didn't have wheat on-hand."