- 2 egg white
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 mulitgrain hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Beef Burgers
"I didn't have hamburger so used ground turkey instead. The meat mixture was too loose to make on a grill so I made them in a grill pan on top of the stove. They turned out okay. I didn't really care for the flavor. I might try this again and use hamburger to see if they come out differently but with all of the other recipes out there for burgers, I probably won't make it again."
"The flavor is excellent, the meat tender, melts in your mouth. Will make this recipe over and over again."
"I followed this to a tee. The burgers stuck to the grill and came off in chunks. They didn't taste like a hamburger at all and had a weird consistency. They were edible but thats about it."
"Is there any way to loose some of the fat and calories?"