- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 frozen cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meatballs according to package directions. Cut each meatball in half. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce and preserves. Add meatball halves; stir to coat.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill dough, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from grill. Layer the grilled side of each pizza with meatball mixture, cheese and onions. Return pizzas to grill. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 pizzas.
Reviews forGrilled BBQ Meatball Pizzas
"secondson, you can reduce the saltiness of those meatballs by simmering them in a pot of water for about 1/2 an hour or so. It will not diminish the flavor of the meat. I did this with frozen meatballs after I had used 1/2 the bag in another dish and noticed how salty they were."
"I want to make this recipe if I can figure out how to cut down on the sodium."