- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For marinade, place first five ingredients in a blender. Cut four tomatoes into quarters and add to blender; cover and process until blended. Halve remaining tomatoes for grilling.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
- Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; discard marinade remaining in bowl. Grill chicken, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes per side. Serve chicken and tomatoes with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes
"This was so easy. It tasted great. I made this just as it called for. The flavors blended well. Delicious!"
"Would you marinade this overnight?"
"Be sure to use a blender and not a food processor to mix the marinade. I used 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast and doubled the marinade ingredients, and it overflowed the food processor. I cut them into strips before marinating and then threaded onto skewers and grilled. They were tender and good. Next time I will use less balsamic (which was a little overpowering) and use more basil."
"WOW! The reviews are right. This is soooo good! I did cut the recipe in half for just my husband and I, and it worked out fine. Do *NOT* sub in dried basil for the fresh. The fresh basil really brings out the flavors of the dressing. We marinated it for exactly 1 hour, then grilled it. We spooned a bit of the dressing on top after it was done. We are saving the leftover dressing for a side salad on another night. I will DEFINITELY make this again. YUM!"
"The chicken had excellent flavor! So delicious! Great way to use fresh basil."
"Delicious! No other words needed!"
"A very delicious summery meal!"
"I made this for dinner tonight with bone in breasts and thighs and there was plenty of sauce for marinating and dipping later. So yummy! Fresh flavors abound! I will be making this again and sharing it with my friends!"