- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For marinade, place first five ingredients in a blender. Cut four tomatoes into quarters and add to blender; cover and process until blended. Halve remaining tomatoes for grilling.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
- Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; discard marinade remaining in bowl. Grill chicken, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes per side. Serve chicken and tomatoes with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes
"Using the blender for the marinade is so smart! My guys can be picky about chunks of tomato, so I love that half of them disappear into the marinade. Will be freezing a few batches of this to make on the indoor grill this winter!"
"This was so easy. It tasted great. I made this just as it called for. The flavors blended well. Delicious!"
"Would you marinade this overnight?"
"Be sure to use a blender and not a food processor to mix the marinade. I used 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast and doubled the marinade ingredients, and it overflowed the food processor. I cut them into strips before marinating and then threaded onto skewers and grilled. They were tender and good. Next time I will use less balsamic (which was a little overpowering) and use more basil."
"WOW! The reviews are right. This is soooo good! I did cut the recipe in half for just my husband and I, and it worked out fine. Do *NOT* sub in dried basil for the fresh. The fresh basil really brings out the flavors of the dressing. We marinated it for exactly 1 hour, then grilled it. We spooned a bit of the dressing on top after it was done. We are saving the leftover dressing for a side salad on another night. I will DEFINITELY make this again. YUM!"
"The chicken had excellent flavor! So delicious! Great way to use fresh basil."
"Delicious! No other words needed!"