Grilled Asparagus Pizzas
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, thyme, salt and sugar. Add water; beat until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Brush asparagus with oil; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Grill asparagus, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning every 2 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 4. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into eight portions. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle. Place dough directly on grill.
- 5. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Place toasted side up on two ungreased baking sheets. Top with pizza sauce, asparagus, ham and cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until bottom of crust is golden brown.
1 each: 240 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Was good with pesto instead of pizza sauce.
May 11, 2011
Very very good!
May 20, 2010
This recipe was great! The only thing I did different was use a pizza crust mix that you just add water too(2 packages will make 8 servings) The crust comes out so nice and krispy and it doesn't take long at to grill. My family and I enjoyed the grilled pizza so much we now experiment with different topping combinations.