Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add the steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2016
Was good will make again
May 30, 2013
Recipe was good, some advice on how to trim/slice this type of steak for maximum tenderness would complete the article. Overnight marinating in the fridge is recommended for the most flavorful outcome. With Flank steak 4 hours doesn't cut it.
May 22, 2013
This is an excellent recipe, I used a London Broil and marinated overnight. This is so delicious, Our new go to recipe for grilled London Broil, Thank You!
Nov 12, 2010
We love Asian food! This grilled steak is wonderful. This recipe has become a standard meal at our home.
Sep 5, 2010
I haven't had much luck when it comes to making Asian style dishes, but this one was VERY successful! Both my husband and I were surprised on how flavorful it was.
May 19, 2010
Really loved this recipe, it was so easy and so tasty!
May 2, 2010
This was SO good. I marinated it overnight to get the most flavor. I'll be making this over and over.