- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Asian Flank Steak
"Was good will make again"
"Recipe was good, some advice on how to trim/slice this type of steak for maximum tenderness would complete the article. Overnight marinating in the fridge is recommended for the most flavorful outcome. With Flank steak 4 hours doesn't cut it."
"This is an excellent recipe, I used a London Broil and marinated overnight. This is so delicious, Our new go to recipe for grilled London Broil, Thank You!"
"We love Asian food! This grilled steak is wonderful. This recipe has become a standard meal at our home."
"I haven't had much luck when it comes to making Asian style dishes, but this one was VERY successful! Both my husband and I were surprised on how flavorful it was."
"Really loved this recipe, it was so easy and so tasty!"
"This was SO good. I marinated it overnight to get the most flavor. I'll be making this over and over."