- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup of marinade into a shallow dish, reserving remainder. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled grill rack over medium heat (or broil 4 in. from heat) 5-7 minutes on each side, until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Combine remaining ingredients with reserved marinade. Cut chicken into 1-in. slices. Add pasta and chicken to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
"My husband and I loved this. It is a great meal on a hot summer day! I'm thinking about using wheat angel hair pasta next time."
"I fixed this tonite & found it to be AMAZING!!!I did not have lime juice, only lemon juice & not quite enough of that! Used orange juice to make up the difference. Followed everything else, except only used half the yellow pepper & half the red pepper, because I am not a fan of bell peppers. I did not use the fresh parsley, as it does not add any flavor and I did not have any.Everything else was pretty much on task. It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely make it again! HUGE HIT for my husband & I!"
"Way too much lime. Lots of runny dressing at bottom of bowl. My family hated it."