Grilled Asian Beef Ribbons
A fellow nurse who also happens to be a fabulous cook shared this recipe with me. We like it served with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-in. strips. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill meat, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove from grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounce-weight: 304 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Oriental Beef Ribbons in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips