Grilled Asian Beef Ribbons
A fellow nurse who also happens to be a fabulous cook shared this recipe with me. We like it served with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-in. strips. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill meat, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove from grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounce-weight: 304 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Oriental Beef Ribbons in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition