Grilled Apricot Ham
Here in Minnesota, summers never seem to last long enough! So we take advantage of warm weather and heat to the outdoors for good old-fashioned cookouts. This grilled ham steak is quick and easy for weekday dinners, yet impressive enough for special-occasion meals.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-fruit apricot spread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 ham steak (about 1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine apricot spread, mustard and vinegar. Grill ham steak over hot heat, bushing occasionally with sauce, until browned on both sides, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 205 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1654mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Grilled Apricot Ham in Country Woman March/April 1994