Grilled Apple Tossed Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. In a bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup dressing.
- 2. Place apple slices on a grill rack over medium heat; reserve dressing left in bowl. Grill apples, covered, until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
- 3. To serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled apples, walnuts and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Health Tip: Lighten this salad by leaving off the walnuts and blue cheese. You’ll save 150 calories per serving, but the grilled apples and homemade dressing will still make it taste as if it came from a restaurant.
1 serving: 341 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
"I wanted to try this recipe for a long time, but I held off worried that I would hate the bleu cheese. I haven't always been a fan of the bleu. But, it was perfect in this salad. I love the combination of the bleu cheese with the toasted walnuts, and those marinated apples were so good. Just try it!"