- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. In a bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup dressing.
- Place apple slices on a grill rack over medium heat; reserve dressing left in bowl. Grill apples, covered, until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
- To serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled apples, walnuts and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Apple Tossed Salad
"I used cider instead of OJ, sunflower seeds instead of walnuts. Omitted the cheese. Absolutely loved it. Next time will marinate some chicken too and grill it at the same time."
"I wanted to try this recipe for a long time, but I held off worried that I would hate the bleu cheese. I haven't always been a fan of the bleu. But, it was perfect in this salad. I love the combination of the bleu cheese with the toasted walnuts, and those marinated apples were so good. Just try it!"