Mmm! Start with this basic apple pizza, then dress it up any way you like using the ideas at the end of the recipe. —R. Sandlin, Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- In a large skillet, saute apples in 3 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; keep warm.
- Unroll pizza crust and cut lengthwise in half. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; brush onto both sides of crust.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Remove from the grill. Top with apples and desired topping ingredients.
- American Way: Sprinkle with arugula, cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fruit and Cream: Sprinkle with dried cranberries; drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- French: Top with sliced Brie cheese and fresh thyme.
- Turtle Style: Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans; drizzle with caramel sauce. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).
Originally published as Grilled Apple Pizza in Taste of Home October 2011, p37
Reviews for Grilled Apple Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review