Grilled Apple Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes2 pizzas (4 pieces each)
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- In a large skillet, saute apples in 3 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; keep warm.
- Unroll pizza crust and cut lengthwise in half. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; brush onto both sides of crust.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Remove from the grill. Top with apples and desired topping ingredients.
- American Way: Sprinkle with arugula, cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fruit and Cream: Sprinkle with dried cranberries; drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- French: Top with sliced Brie cheese and fresh thyme.
- Turtle Style: Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans; drizzle with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 271 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2011
I made the pizza the American Way. Oh! It was so good! My husband loved it too, and he is a bit of a food snob. He also said that it passed the ultimate pizza test -- it was delicious, eaten cold, for breakfast the next morning.
Oct 8, 2011
the toppings were very good but I didn't like the grilled dough at all. I think I'll try it again tho bake in the oven instead. If I rated it on the toppings I'd give it 4 stars, on the grilled dough I'd give it 1 so I picked an average between the two