- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices angel food cake (about 1 ounce each)
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream and blueberry syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, mix butter and vinegar; brush over cut sides of cake.
- On a greased rack, grill cake, uncovered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve cake with strawberries and, if desired, ice cream and blueberry syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
"Unique flavor. I enjoyed. My local grocery store did not carry blueberry syrup so I left it off. Not sure it needed it anyway."