This fun round bread is tender, tasty and can be used much the came way you'd use flour tortillas or pita bread.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 frozen Texas-size white dinner rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each roll into an 8-in. to 10-in. circle, turning dough frequently; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, peppers, peas, salt, pepper and oregano; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, grill bread, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 30-45 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Fill with vegetable mixture and serve immediately. The bread can be reheated in the microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Grill Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.