- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green paste food coloring
- 2 goals posts (made from yellow bendable straws)
- Large gumdrops
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a half-sheet foil cake pan (17x12x1 in.).
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, 1 at at time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Place cake in pan on a wire rack; cool cake completely.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Reserve 1/4 cup of frosting for field markings. Tint remaining frosting green; spread over top of cake. Pipe white yard lines and numbers accordingly. Decorate field with goal posts and gumdrops for football players.
1 piece: 365 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.