Griddle Corn Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, corn, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 359 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Aug 6, 2016
Great recipe...tasted just like the ones my mom made 50 plus years ago..have been searching for this recipe for a long time and so happy I found it...thank you for sharing.
Dec 27, 2010
These were incredible! I added just a dash of season-all to kick up the flavor.
Oct 9, 2009