Greens with Pears and Blue Cheese
Fresh greens, pear slices, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, crunchy walnts and a creamy citrus dressing make this healthy salad from Leanne Mocker a refreshing delight! “I first concocted it three years ago,“ she writes from Fall River, Massachusetts, “and it really was an instant sensation. My family loved it as much as I did.“
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. On each salad plate, arrange 2 cups of greens, half of a pear and about 1 tablespoon each of blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing.