Greens with Creamy Herbed Salad Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk and vinegar until combined. Whisk in the oregano, basil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Serve with salad greens.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 33 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
May 22, 2013
This is nice and quick to mix up with standard ingredients on hand, but it wasn't nearly as think as I would have liked- definitely not thick enough to be a dip. I'd skip the milk next time, or reduce it, and thin out the dressing if I wanted to put it on a salad rather than use it as a dip.