Greens with Bacon & Cranberries
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes4 servings (about 2/3 cup vinaigrette)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. Just before serving, place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with the remaining ingredients.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Jun 23, 2014
Delicious and similar to how we often make our salads minus the dressing. I love the idea of using maple syrup in the dressing like this. Thanks for sharing.
Dec 28, 2012
This might be the yummiest salad I've ever eaten. Definitely the yummiest I've ever made! I used turkey bacon and feta, rather than pork and Gorgonzola.
Dec 2, 2012
My husband & I both agree this salad is delicious! I substituted apples for the pears, because it was what I had at home.