Greens ‘n’ Grapefruit Salad
We live in Florida during the winter and can pick fresh grapefruit right on our property. This salad is a refreshing side dish with any meal or a nice light lunch on its own. -Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, onion, grapefruit, mushrooms and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Greens 'n' Grapefruit Salad in Reminisce November/December 2001