Greens ‘n’ Fruit Salad
I concocted this recipe in my kitchen, and I've received a lot of compliments on it. I make it often for my husband and me, and I've also served it to guests at brunches and dinner parties.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes6 servings (1 cup dressing)
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, orange juice and zest. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Greens 'n' Fruit Salad in Country December/January 2002