- 2 whole fresh beets
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray beets with cooking spray. Place in an ungreased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake, covered, 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Peel and cut beets into 1/2-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, beets and oranges. Place the vinegar, orange juice concentrate, mustard, thyme and pepper in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oils in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGreens and Roasted Beets
"Made this for Father's Day and it was a hit. My father-in-law loved it. Loved it."