Greens and Mushrooms with Raspberry Dressing
With a glistening red dressing and light flavor, this crisp salad is perfect for the holidays. It's a must-have on our Christmastime menus.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, combine the salad greens and mushrooms in a large bowl. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Greens with Light Rspberry Dressing in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.