Green Tea Citrus Sorbet
Who says tea is only meant for sipping? Green tea cleverly stars in this sorbet from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 cups water, divided
- 8 individual green tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the juices and green tea.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer container; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 147 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 38g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Green Tea Citrus Sorbet in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007