Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
A tart and tangy dressing turns a basic salad into something special. It works for weeknight dining but is good enough for company and pairs perfectly with just about anything. —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2017
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC