Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette for Two
A tart and tangy dressing turns a basic salad into something special. It works for weeknight dining but is good enough for company and pairs perfectly with just about anything. —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Green Salad with Sweet and Spicy Basil Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.