Green Salad with Pepperoni and Cheese
Just a few basic additions turn plane-Jane salad greens into a taste-tempting side dish. Pepperoni and bacon add a salty zip. Joeanne Steras - Garrett, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Cut pepperoni slices in half. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, cheese, bacon and pepperoni. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009