Green Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Recipe
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Salad dressing of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut goat cheese into eight slices; brush both sides with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, cranberries, walnuts and bacon; transfer to a platter. Top with cheese and croutons. Serve with dressing of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
To Make Ahead: This salad is quick to throw together but to save even more time, coat the cheese ahead of time and bake just before serving.
1 cup salad with 1 slice goat cheese (calculated without dressing): 148 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.