Don't turn away from this recipe because of its name. It's a creamy, comforting dish I know your family will come to love as much as mine does.—Ruth Glabe, Oronoco, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound shredded process America cheese
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions. Add remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the green pepper is tender.