Green Pepper Tomato Salad
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir into tomato mixture.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon.
3/4 cup: 34 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Jan 12, 2013
Great taste and simple!
Oct 17, 2011
It was a different way to make a tomato salad, the vinegar an sugar was a nice mix of teste to the dish.
Jan 4, 2010
This salad is just simply perfect. It is an easy go-to recipe that is best when tomatoes are in season. I go to it even when they are not just to have something tasty, fresh, healthy and simple.